- There is still just enough time to save most of the passengers on the Good Ship 'Earth' but we must be courageous and resolute. If we let the cowardice and delusion of elites and their agents guide us, we will join the dead passengers of the 'Titanic'.
- Austerity, Debt & Environmental Degradation
- George Carlin | “The Planet Is Fine”
Robert J. Burrowes, Special to Evergreene Digest
Journalism with real independence and integrity is a rare thing. All reader supported Evergreene Digest relies - exclusively!- on reader donations. Click on the donation button above to make a contribution and support our work.
April 6, 2015 | On 15 April 1912, the 'Titanic', the largest ship afloat at the time it entered service, sank in the North Atlantic Ocean after hitting an iceberg on its maiden voyage. The large and unnecessary death toll – more than 1,500 passengers and crew – was the result of many factors.
Understanding the psychology that underpins these factors teaches us why so many people died in the 'Titanic' disaster. This, in turn, gives us insight into how we might be able to improve our chances of averting the sinking of the Good Ship 'Earth' and losing most of its passengers in the years now immediately ahead.
Robert J. Burrowes has a lifetime commitment to understanding and ending human violence. He has done extensive research since 1966 in an effort to understand why human beings are violent and has been a nonviolent activist since 1981. He is the author of 'Why Violence?'
Full story …
Austerity, Debt & Environmental Degradation, Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers, Popular Resistance
- Our individual struggles are against system-wide problems and when the people are united, we can win. Let’s keep building solidarity and unity of action so the muscle of people power grows.
- The fracking struggle: a distorted reflection of America’s decomposing democracy
George Carlin | “The Planet Is Fine”, George Carlin, Gospel of Reason
- There is nothing wrong with the planet. Nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The people are fucked. Difference. Difference. The planet is fine. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. Been here four and a half billion years. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We’ve been here, what, a hundred thousand? Maybe two hundred thousand? And we’ve only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And we have the conceit to think that somehow we’re a threat? That somehow we’re gonna put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that’s just a-floatin’ around the sun?
- Text …
- Video …