- And so, let me echo the attorney Joseph N. Welsh, in his famous rebuke of Sen. Joe McCarthy: "Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?"
- The Barbarians Inside the Gate
- Part 1: If You're Blaming The Iraq Crisis On Obama's Troop Withdrawal, Answer These 4 Questions
- Part 2: Rush Limbaugh Says Robin Williams Killed Himself Because Leftists Are 'Never Happy'
- Ignorance Uncensored
Compiled by David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
If you like reading this article, consider joining the crew of all reader-supported Evergreene Digest by contributing the equivalent of a cafe latte a month--using the donation button above—so we can bring you more just like it.
Part 1: If You're Blaming The Iraq Crisis On Obama's Troop Withdrawal, Answer These 4 Questions
1. How many troops should we have left in Iraq?
2. How long is long enough?
3. Should troops have stayed in Iraq without a status of forces agreement?
4. Would U.S. troops try to retake Mosul and Fallujah? You want another Battle of Fallujah?
Shadee Ashtari, Huffington Post
08/12/2014 | Soon after authorizing targeted airstrikes against Islamic militants in Iraq on Thursday, President Barack Obama faced a barrage of criticism from lawmakers and pundits blaming the unfolding crisis on the Obama administration's 2012 decision to withdraw combat troops from the region.
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), an outspoken Iraq hawk, appeared on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday criticizing Obama's strategy against the Islamic State, previously called ISIS, as overly cautious.
Shadee Ashtari is a senior at UCLA majoring in Communications with a minor in Political Science. At the Burkle Center, Shadee is an editor and writer for The Generation.
Full story …
Part 2: Rush Limbaugh Says Robin Williams Killed Himself Because Leftists Are 'Never Happy'
(Yet) research published last (2013) year found that suicide rates tend to be higher in states that vote Republican and have a higher rate of gun ownership.
Ed Mazza, Huffington Post
08/13/2014 | Rush Limbaugh seems to think he knows why Robin Williams died in an apparent suicide earlier this week -- and it's because unhappiness is an attitude of the political left.
The leftist attitude is "one of pessimism and darkness, sadness -- they're never happy, are they?" Limbaugh said on Tuesday's broadcast of his radio show. "They're always angry about something. No matter what they get, they're always angry."
Ed Mazza: Overnight Editor at the Huffington Post, San Francisco Bay Area.
Full story …
Ignorance Uncensored, Center for American Progress (CAP) Action Fund
- Iowa Rep. Steve King Insults DREAMers Who Confront Him On His Anti-Immigrant Positions
- Rep. Steve King’s comments are just the latest example of the intolerant and backward views that only hurt our society and our economy.
- Death and Abuse at the Southwest Border