- (After) Wednesday’s Republican debate … I’m terrified. You should be, too.
- Now we have presidential candidates who make Mr. Bush (II) look like Abe Lincoln. But who will tell the people?
- Reviews of This Week's GOP Debate
Paul Krugman, New York (NY) Times
Now you can follow Evergreene Digest on Twitter <https://twitter.com/evergreenediges>.
Sept. 18, 2015 | I’ve been going over what was said at Wednesday’s Republican debate, and I’m terrified. You should be, too. After all, given the vagaries of elections, there’s a pretty good chance that one of these people will end up in the White House.
Why is that scary? I would argue that all of the G.O.P. candidates are calling for policies that would be deeply destructive at home, abroad, or both. But even if you like the broad thrust of modern Republican policies, it should worry you that the men and woman on that stage are clearly living in a world of fantasies and fictions. And some seem willing to advance their ambitions with outright lies.
Nobel Prize-winning New York Times Op-Ed columnist Paul Krugman comments on economics and politics.
Full story …
Paul Krugman (Credit: Reuters/Tim Shaffer)
Reviews of This Week's GOP Debate, Compiled by David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
- Drinks for my friends.
- Part 1: Clusterfuck Revisited
- Part 2: A 5 year old's observations on the Republican debate