- Republicans and Tea Partiers may be leading this retreat from reason, but they are unopposed by Democrats or the Press. And in the end, there is a special place in Hell for those who allow evil to prosper by doing nothing.
- George Monbiot | Right's Stupidity Spreads, Enabled by Too-Polite Left
- These Low Information Voters Will Be Our Undoing
John Atcheson, Common Dreams
Submitted by Evergreene Digest Contributing Editors Lydia Howell and Jim Fuller
This article is made possible with the generous contributions of Evergreene Digest readers like you. Thank you!
We are witnessing an epochal shift in our socio-political world. We are de-evolving, hurtling headlong into a past that was defined by serfs and lords; by necromancy and superstition; by policies based on fiat, not facts.
Much of what has made the modern world in general, and the United States in particular, a free and prosperous society comes directly from insights that arose during the Enlightenment.
Too bad we’re chucking it all out and returning to the Dark Ages.
George Monbiot | Right's Stupidity Spreads, Enabled by Too-Polite Left, George Monbiot, Guardian UK
- Conservativism may be the refuge of the dim. But the room for rightwing ideas is made by those too timid to properly object.
- How these gibbering numbskulls came to dominate Washington
- Bright Minds and Dark Attitudes
These Low Information Voters Will Be Our Undoing, David A. Love, Black Commentator / LA Progressive
Faced with hard times, people have clear choices. Either they join forces across racial and ethnic lines and fight their common adversary, or they double down on the dumbness, thrive on misinformation and assign scapegoats.