- Neither candidate is interested in stopping the use of the death penalty for federal or state crimes.
- How Do You Take Your Poison?
- Obama’s Vision versus Economic Reality
- Mitt Romney on "Freeloaders," Mideast, and Why He's Scared of the Women on 'the View"
Bill Quigley, Common Dreams
Submitted by Evergreene Digest Contributing Editor Jim Fuller
- Neither candidate is interested in eliminating or reducing the 5,113 US nuclear warheads.
- Neither candidate is campaigning to close Guantanamo prison.
- Neither candidate has called for arresting and prosecuting high ranking people on Wall Street for the subprime mortgage catastrophe.
- Neither candidate is interested in holding anyone in the Bush administration accountable for the torture committed by US personnel against prisoners in Guantanamo or in Iraq or Afghanistan.
How Do You Take Your Poison? Chris Hedges, Truthdig
You can dismiss those of us who will in protest vote for a third-party candidate and invest our time and energy in acts of civil disobedience. You can pride yourself on being practical. You can swallow the false argument of the lesser of two evils. But ask yourself, once this nightmare starts kicking in, who the real sucker is.
Obama’s Vision versus Economic Reality, Shamus Cooke, Workers Action
- Workers must fight back in massive demonstrations to demand a federal jobs program and a consequent strengthening of the public sector, lest their issues be completely ignored in a national election that is promising them nothing.
- Tracking the Recovery after the Great Recession
- What Obama Has Wrought
- Betrayal and the Insidious Dumbing Down of Black America
Mitt Romney on "Freeloaders," Mideast, and Why He's Scared of the Women on 'the View" AlterNet
Candidate expresses belief that there's not much he can do about peace in the Middle East, so as POTUS he'll hope to pass it on to the next guy.
Full Secret Video Released
8 Falsehoods, Lies and Misstatements From Romney Fundraising Video
Romney Says Typical Middle-Class Homes Earn $250,000 A Year
Romney's 47%: What Other Rights Would The GOP Deny Them?