- Please bear in mind three things, Mr. President.
1. You will be primaried from the left;
2. A nonviolent movement will shut down Washington in October; and
3. On your death bed, perhaps many many years from now, the horror of the pain you inflicted will cause you to scream out in bitter agony. Of course it will be too late, and few of the plutocrats whom you served will pay the slightest attention to your death.
- Obama's Original Sin
- Welcome to the Violent World of Mr. Hopey Changey
David Swanson, Antemedius
"The fiscal good has to outweigh the pain," a nameless Democrat told the Washington Post | DC regarding President Obama's latest proposal to massively cut Social Security, against the wishes of the vast majority of Americans, in order to fund a military 670% larger than the next largest in the world, keep in place tax cuts for billionaires, fail to tax corporations or estates or investments or carbon, and balance a budget that nobody gives a rat's ass about balancing when Wall Street comes asking for handouts.
Not to put too fine a point on it, Mr. President, but f*** your fiscal good. Whose fiscal good is it? And whose pain? Last week the New York Times | NY said you hoped by hacking away at Medicare to inflict some pain on your base. That way, supposedly, the Republicans would inflict some pain on their base. Then we'd all feel better. Assuming we're all Wall Street banksters. But what if we're actually, almost all of us, the people you criminals call your bases? You, Captain Peace Prize, propose slashing Medicare and Social Security. And, in exchange, according to the Washington Post, Eric Cantor has proposed more tax cuts for free loaders who don't work for a living. What a deal!
Obama's Original Sin, Frank Rich, New York Magazine/Common Dreams
The president’s failure to demand a reckoning from the moneyed interests who brought the economy down has cursed his first term, and could prevent a second.
Welcome to the Violent World of Mr. Hopey Changey, John Pilger, John Pilger.com
For the record, on a scorecard of imposed misery, from secret trials and prisons and the hounding of whistleblowers and the criminalising of dissent to the incarceration and impoverishment of his own people, mostly black people, Obama is as bad as George W. Bush.