- Former president calls on Washington to regain moral leadership in wake of drone strikes and targeted assassinations
- Series | The New American Conscience: A Short Study in Immorality, Part I
- Obama's Kill List Reveals Gangsta Mentality in the Oval Office
James Melkie, Guardian UK
Submitted by Evergreene Digest Contributing Editor Kevin Zeese
If you like reading this article, consider contributing a cuppa jove to Evergreene Digest--using the donation button in the above right-hand corner—so we can bring you more just like it.
Jimmy Carter: 'America’s violation of international human rights abets our enemies and alienates our friends.' Photograph: Amr Abdallah Dalsh/Reuters
Drone strikes and targeted assassinations abroad have seen the US violating human rights in a way that "abets our enemies and alienates our friends", according to the former president Jimmy Carter.
He said America was "abandoning its role as a champion of human rights", and called on Washington to "reverse course and regain moral leadership".
Series | The New American Conscience: A Short Study in Immorality, Part I, Mickey Walker, TPJ Magazine
- The Founding Fathers would shudder at the phoniness and attempted justification of it all. And the stench of depravity that goes with embracing such a practice that seeks to fool honest taxpayers into hurting innocent people. Isn’t that what bin Laden did to us on 911?
- Unspeakable Things: The Liberals’ Clumsy Dance Across Obama’s Killing Floor
Obama's Kill List Reveals Gangsta Mentality in the Oval Office, Dennis Trainor, Jr.
- Obama has mindfully charged well to the right of the homicidal idiot from Texas whom we all thought was as bad as it could get.
- Secret ‘Kill List’ Proves a Test of Obama’s Principles and Will
- America's murderous drone campaign is fuelling terror