- "The top 1-percent have the best houses, the best educations, the best doctors, and the best lifestyles," Nobel Prize winner Joseph E. Stiglitz concludes, "but there is one thing that money doesn't seem to have bought: an understanding that their fate is bound up with how the other 99-percent live. Throughout history, this is something that the top 1-percent eventually do learn. Too late."
- 11 New Items including:
- Standing up to the big banks
- The Real Cost of Austerity
- Target handbook unlawfully discouraged union activity, NLRB says
- The Housing Market Recovery Is ‘A Complete Hoax’
- How the Rich Benefited From the Recovery
- Bail-out is out, bail-in is in: time for some publicly-owned banks,
- Austerity debunked
- The terrible cost of Washington’s wars
- The Question of Socialism (and Beyond!) Is About to Open Up in These United States
- The World Trade Organization's "Papal" Conclave
- The Confiscation of Bank Savings to “Save the Banks”
David Culver, Ed., Evergreene Digest
Standing up to the big banks, Rob, Occupy Our Homes
Three brave Michigan families are standing up to the banks that ravaged our economy, and they need your support!
The Real Cost of Austerity, Truthdig
- It’s high time our elected officials started listening to the wisdom of economists like Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman, who for months has been consistently warning us about the dangers of austerity. And once again, he’s been proved right.
- Everything We Know About What’s Happened Under Sequestration
Target handbook unlawfully discouraged union activity, NLRB says, Julie Beck, Inside Counsel
- Store must hold another union election, company must revise certain policies
- Costco CEO: Raise The Minimum Wage To More Than $10 Per Hour
The Housing Market Recovery Is ‘A Complete Hoax’ Truthdig
Five Star Institute economist Mark Lieberman has shown that banks are keeping more than 7 million homes off the market in this manner in order to “reduce listings, create the illusion of ‘scarcity,’ and push up prices,” Whitney reports. The housing market recovery, then, is “a complete hoax.”
How the Rich Benefited From the Recovery, Les Leopold, AlterNet / Truthdig
- (While Most of Us Got Nothing)
- Austerity debunked
Bail-out is out, bail-in is in: time for some publicly-owned banks, Ellen Brown, Web of Debt / Nation of Change
- “[W]ith Cyprus . . . the game itself changed. By raiding the depositors’ accounts, a major central bank has gone where they would not previously have dared. The Rubicon has been crossed.” —Eric Sprott, Shree Kargutkar, “Caveat Depositor”
- Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever
Austerity debunked, Aljazeera
The terrible cost of Washington’s wars, Bill Van Auken, World Socialist Web Site
- The vast resources wasted and the incalculable human suffering inflicted by the bloated US military and intelligence apparatus pose the urgency of building a genuine mass movement against militarism and war.
- Sequester Cuts
The Question of Socialism (and Beyond!) Is About to Open Up in These United States, Gar Alperovitz, Truthout
- With Americans' interest in socialism rising, we need to seriously consider alternative designs to the current system, argues Alperovitz, in this practical critique of some known models.
- Can Civilization Survive Capitalism?
The World Trade Organization's "Papal" Conclave, Robin Broad, Triple Crisis
- At some point, we are going to have to move to a global governance system where trade is the “servant” of a global economy that works for communities, workers, and the environment.
- Potato Chip Capitalism
The Confiscation of Bank Savings to “Save the Banks” Michel Chossudovsky, Global Research