- Ever since the First World War, the Socialist Party has taken the position that a class conscious movement of workers must by necessity also be a movement working against militarism in culture and in the economy.
- Martin Luther King’s 1967 Riverside Church Speech
Scott Tucker, Truthdig
Stewart Alexander, Socialist Party presidential candidate in 2012. Lillian Thurston
(February 28, 2012) Stewart Alexander believes fair elections are worth a fair fight and he’s asking for your vote. The Occupy Wall Street movement encouraged a more honest discussion of class and capitalism in this country, but Alexander is not simply a critic of big banks and high finance. He is a democratic socialist, an African-American community activist and the presidential candidate of the Socialist Party in 2012.
Alexander believes the candidate of “hope and change” is a defender of the status quo and of corporate rule.
Martin Luther King’s 1967 Riverside Church Speech, Frank Paynter, Listics.com
- Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence
- Declaration of Independence from the War in Vietnam
- Delivered by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, April 1967, At Manhattan’s Riverside Church