- Paul Ryan's recording reveals his radical hostility toward the nation's most popular social programs.
- Mitt Romney on "Freeloaders," Mideast, and Why He's Scared of the Women on 'the View"
Richard (RJ) Eskow, Blog for Our Future / AlterNet
Photo Credit: C-SPAN
AlterNet Editor's Note: AlterNet's Adele Stan reported last week about the Ryan remarks Eskow discusses here, highlighting Ryan's call for ending social security, which he described as a "collectivist system," and Ryan's assertion that Democratic "collectivists" seek to create a 'victimization class' largely populated by minorities.
(September 25, 2012 | When they booed Paul Ryan at the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) last week, most people didn't even know he called Medicare and Social Security "third party or socialist-based systems." Or that he said he wants to privatize them in order to "break the back" of a "collectivist philosophy."
Mitt Romney on "Freeloaders," Mideast, and Why He's Scared of the Women on 'the View" AlterNet
- Candidate expresses belief that there's not much he can do about peace in the Middle East, so as POTUS he'll hope to pass it on to the next guy.
- Full Secret Video Released
- 8 Falsehoods, Lies and Misstatements From Romney Fundraising Video
- Romney Says Typical Middle-Class Homes Earn $250,000 A Year
- Romney's 47%: What Other Rights Would The GOP Deny Them?