- The people of the world should be very thankful to Syria. For in this agonizing time, the conflict-torn country is revealing an important truth. From the bloodshed, ravages and mayhem that the Syrian people are enduring, the world is empowered to see with crystal clarity a crucial fact - the fact of who, and what, is the real cause of violence.
- And this real cause of violence is not just afflicting Syria, but right across the globe.
- NATO's Presence Does Not Benefit Afghan Women.
- US-Iran confrontation enters dangerous new stage.
Finian Cunningham, Global Research
Forget about oft-repeated Western admonishments against Islamic extremists, rogue states, corrupt regimes, authoritarian superpowers as being “the enemy” of freedom-loving people. It is the American government and its allies who are the real “axis of evil” confronting the world.
It is the system of capitalist corruption, elite exploitation and enrichment, and its corollary of imperialist warmongering that the US and its allies uphold - that is what is driving Syria and the rest of the world into poverty, conflict and the brink of catastrophe.
NATO's Presence Does Not Benefit Afghan Women, Jodie Evans, AlterNet
- Amnesty International-USA's Executive director Suzanne Nossel appears to be taking a major human rights organization in an inhumane direction.
- Why I Had to Challenge Amnesty International-USA's Claim
US-Iran confrontation enters dangerous new stage, Peter Symonds, World Socialist Website
- These menacing moves against Iran, even as the US and its allies threaten military intervention against Iran’s ally, the Syrian regime of President Bashir al-Assad, have transformed the Middle East into a dangerous powder keg.
- Global Opinion of Obama Slips